Enter Quote Number
- Where We Get Our Timber
- Garden Designers/ Landscapers
- Planning Permission for Sheds
- Planning Permission for Studios
- Purchasing a Garden Shed
- Our Environmental Policy
- Wooden Workshops
- Painted Sheds
- Top 10 Tips
- Garden Workshops
- The Most Of Your Garden Space
- Garden Shed Security
- Make More Space In Your House
- Pros and Cons of Garden Offices
- Ideal for a Model Railway
- Brochure Downloads
- Base Plans
Sheds Ideal for Model Railways
A Crane Building is absolutely ideal for locating your Model Railway:
- We make all our buildings to order so you can have any size or layout required or you can just have a standard sized building.
- A Shed or Workshop would seem the ideal building but of course you could go for a Chalet or Summerhouse style building for attractiveness or for dual purpose. We can partition off different spaces.
- The timber we use is ex 19 x 125mm shiplap on ex 38 x 75mm framing - an exceptionally robust build.
- We can line and insulate your building for year round use. We trap a breathable membrane paper between the studwork and the external cladding during manufacture as a moisture trap; we then insulate the cavity before fixing either oak faced ply or tongue and groove to finish.
- Our eave height is already generous, but we can extend it if you are tall and needing the extra height to move freely around your railway.
- We install electrical packs which includes power points, lighting and heaters.
- We already produce strong floors for our buildings but we can strengthen them further if you require it.
- We have in-house Joiners who make all our doors and windows exactly as we wish so ensuring a perfect fit and a totally damp free and water proof structure, thus providing the perfect environment for a Model Railway.
- We use toughened glass as standard. We can also provide double glazing.
- Our roofing material on our Sheds and Workshops is an extreme-wear 35kg roofing felt, which is a vastly superior roofing felt. However we also have Cedar Shingles, slate-effect tiles or a Sedum roof as options.
- Your building will come treated with a preservative anyway but we uniquely offer a Valtti system, proven to be the best possible protection for exterior timber. A four coat system giving an opaque finish in a variety of beautiful colours; it is extremely durable and wont need treating for many, many years, allowing you more time for your hobby.
- We deliver and install all our buildings free of charge so we can make sure they are perfect. They are usually installed within a few hours.
- You can have all this without the pain and frustration of planning and building works ( normal planning restrictions apply).
- All of this whilst supporting an FSC company and its products with a strong environmental and ecological policy.
- We can provide a workbench for all your hobby needs.
- One of the very best components we can provide for your hobby is our unique Security Pack; consisting of non-returnable screws in the hinges, bars mortised into the windows to prevent climbing through and a heavy duty sliding bolt with fully encased 7 lever lock (anti-sawing, anti-picking, anti-cropping and anti-prising) with a unique key. Thus making the Model Railway as safe as it possibly can be.
To return to the home page please click here.